Learn how games, apps and social media can influence mental wellbeing, in a free live webinar from the eSafety Commissioner to help children stay safer online.
The eSafety Commissioner is offering a free webinar for parents and carers to learn how games, apps and social media can influence young people’s mental wellbeing.
The one-hour live event will be held on three occasions throughout October and requires a simple registration to participate.
Suitable for parents and carers of young people aged 10 to 18 years old.
What the webinar will cover
This webinar will cover topics including:
- current research on young people, time online and mental health
- what to do about accidental exposure to content about suicide, self-harm or eating disorders
- using games, apps and social media to support mental wellbeing
- the pros and cons of digital mental health platforms
- strategies for young people to support friends online.
Session dates and times
Term 4 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
Wednesday 12 October – 7.30 pm to 8.30 pm
Monday 17 October – 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
Thursday 27 October – 12.30 pm to 1.30 pmRegister here
The eSafety Commissioner also provides some great online resources for parents and carers on the subject, which you can find here.
The Parents Website regularly features blogs and resources from the eSafety Commissioner, including:
Like this post? Please share using the buttons on this page.Stay up to date with our newsletter here